Story URL: http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=195007
Story Retrieval Date: 5/19/2013 9:40:28 PM CST
-2 cups of puréed pumpkin
-2 tablespoons of tahini
-juice of 1/2 lemon
-2 tablespoons finely-chopped parsley
-1 clove roughly-chopped garlic
-1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
-shake of cumin
-salt & pepper to taste
1. Put all the ingredients into a food processor.
2. Blend all the items until the hummus is creamy, adding olive oil in order to make it more smooth.
3. Once the hummus is blended, taste to make sure you are happy with the combination of ingredients.
4. Pour the hummus into a serving dish.
5. As an option, toast whole-wheat pita bread in the oven at 400 degrees for five minutes for a crunchy, low-fat snack to dip in the hummus and enjoy!
-2 tablespoons organic pumpkin
-1 teaspoon almond milk
-splash of cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of honey
1. Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl using a spoon until they form a paste.
2. Generously apply the mixture to a clean dry face, making sure to include the neck area.
3. Let the face mask dry for 15 to 20 minutes. You may feel a slight tingling!
4. Wash the face mask off and gently pat your skin dry.
5. Tone and moisturize as usual and apply your make-up. Your pumpkin glow will last all day!